We’re excited to announce that beginning Friday May 28th, the pool will resume pre-COVID operating procedures. We sincerely appreciate everyone’s patience as we navigated through these uncharted waters (pun intended). Like you, we look forward to getting back to “normal” and focusing all our efforts on making Summer 2021 the best DH has ever seen.
- For our new members as well as a reminder to those who’ve been with us, here’s what “Normal” looks like:
- The pool is open to all members at 100% capacity during normal operating hours, which will always be posted on the website. There will be no reservations and no dividers in the pool.
- As we change back to a regular swim season, please take a moment to review the pool rules (section 3) found here: https://dominionhills.org/about/rules/
- Members may bring guests with the purchase of a guest pass.
- These may be purchased here (https://dominionhills.org/membership/payments/) .
- The bathrooms and shower facilities will be open.
- Food and drink are permitted on the upper deck, at the tables near the baby pool area, and for the first time, the wooden portion of the pool deck.
- Grills will be open and available for use.
- Ping pong, billiards/pool and foosball games are available in the game room – see lifeguards for paddles and balls
- The Community House is open for rentals. Email John at email@example.com for more info and availability!
- Cannonballs, dives and even belly flops off the diving board (for those that passed the swim test) are encouraged!
- Per CDC and state guidelines, if you are vaccinated, you are not required to wear a mask. We ask that all unvaccinated members continue to wear masks while in the bath house or community room.
- We kept “Normal” in quotations because there are a few changes that we’re excited to announce:
- The volleyball/badminton net we rolled out for the COVID waiting times will remain in the front lawn for member’s enjoyment. See the front desk attendant for volleyball and badminton equipment. Member-organized tournaments encouraged!
- We are looking into adding cornhole sets on a permanent basis as well.
- We are working to schedule food and ice cream trucks throughout the summer. Stay tuned for more on this.
We’re also excited to announce that we will have Bouncy Castles on the front lawn Monday May 30th from 11am – 6pm. We will need some parents to volunteer to man these. To sign up, see the sign up genius link here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B0849ABAB23A02-memorial
And last but certainly not least, many of the events and programs we have traditionally offered will be returning. We’re working hard to assemble the full calendar, listing the various fun events; we hope to have this available on the website soon. Highlights include:
- Swim and Dive teams back in swing
- Adult Brunches: 9-11am each Sunday (No Brunch June 6 due to lifeguard class)
- Movie Nights! They’re coming back! Stay tuned for more details.
- Group Swim Lessons: John is working to develop this year’s swim program, which will begin in July. Keep an eye out for the signup genius link with dates, times and info coming soon!
- Kids Nights: June 30 and July 28 from 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM the pool will be reserved for kids 12 and under. Games, prizes and no parents allowed! Look for a sign up in the coming weeks.
- Teen Night: July 14 from 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM. Pool is reserved for teens 13 and up. Games, prizes and no parents allowed!
- 4th of July Celebration: To be held July 3rd, details to come.
- Adult Dinner: Details to come on this as well, but we are looking at July 18
- Family Camp Out: Tentatively set for September
We hope you are as excited as we are to turn this corner and enjoy a wonderful summer!
– Your Board
>> Helpful links <<
Pool operating hours: https://dominionhills.org/about/dh-pool-hours/