We are making some changes to our reservations system for better ease of use and to allow for more access and increased use of the pool. Keep in mind, everything is subject to change, based on the operational realities at the pool, feedback from our pool manager and of course, any changes in Virginia state regulations. Here are the details on the changes — please be sure to read this all carefully!
Starting this weekend, we are using a different reservation system, Signup Genius. We will start with family time reservations for the week of July 19. Lap swim reservations will move over for the week of July 26.
Many of you may already be familiar with SignUp Genius. We are switching due to some ongoing issues with the current reservation system — and the resulting high level of technical support required from our volunteer board. Using this new system should make it easier for most members too! You will need to use your email address — or even better, use your existing Signup Genius login (or create an account). Some key points:
- When you access the Signup Genius links, you will need to use this special code (log in to see the code – or check the email sent out on Friday night, July 17). The code should NOT be shared with non-members.
- When you reserve a slot, make sure you use your first and last name, list any family members coming with you, and your DHARA Membership number (all required).
- Family Swim Reservations: On Saturday morning, July 18, at 9AM, signups will go live for the week of July 19-25 on the Signup Genius webpage. (Read more about Family Swimming below.)
- Lap Swim Reservations: Use the current registration system on the Dominion Hills website through July 25. For Lap Swim slots on or after July 26, you’ll also use the Signup Genius webpage, which goes live next week. (Read more about Lap Swimming below.)
- After this weekend, signups will go live at 10PM on the Thursday before each new week begins (the weeks still run Sunday through Saturday).
- We will also post links to the reservation pages on the Dominion Hills website.
Family swimming time slots will now be 75 minutes instead of 90 minutes (with 15 minutes to sanitize/disinfect the pool area between sessions). This change adds one session with 12 additional family reservation slots every day! We also are increasing the allowed family swim reservations to two per week, per household.
Please Note: We are not allowing non-household members to share sections during family swim sessions, as the configuration of certain sections does not ensure the required 10 feet of distance between members not of the same household.
Additional Drop-in/Walk-up Opportunities
On a drop-in/walk-up basis only during the lap swim sessions, members can use the 2 areas in the tank or the 4 areas in the deep end. These are not reservable times. One household will be permitted per section on a first-come/first-serve basis, and all members will be required to register at the front desk upon arrival. This provides over 120 new opportunities every week for members to enjoy the pool during these lap swimming times:
- 11:00am – 11:30am Mon-Fri (30-minute – for senior/high-risk individuals)
- 11:45am – 12:30pm Mon-Fri (45-minute session)
- 7:15pm – 8:45pm – Mon-Fri (90-min session)
- 7:30am – 8:45am on Sat/Sun (75-minute sessions)
- 9:00am – 10:30am on Sat/Sun (75-minute sessions)
- 8:15pm – 8:45pm on Sat/Sun (30-minute session)
Current drop-in/walk-ups options remain as well. If a family swim time slot has not been reserved (please look online right before you come), you may drop in and use the empty time slot on a first come/first served basis. During family swim, drop-in users will be granted access to the pool 15 minutes after the start of the time slot. Please respect this and do not enter early — and you must still be checked in at the front. Drop-in use does not count against your weekly allotment of reservations.
Due to the current high utilization of lap lanes, some members have not been able to book lap lanes at all. To help remedy this, we will be decreasing lap lane reservations to three per week (Sunday to Saturday) per household (starting July 26). As a result of our schedule changes, we were also able to add six 30-minute slots each weekend evening.
We do request that everyone continue to respect the hours we have set aside for our older and high-risk members to swim laps (currently 11-11:30 weekdays and 7-9:30am on Sunday).
Again, for lap swimming, starting the week of July 26, you will make reservations in the new SignUp Genius system (reservations open on Thursday, July 23 at 10pm.)
- As has been the rule all summer, guests are not allowed.
- If you can’t make your lap or family swim reservation, please cancel it. This helps ensure empty spots can be rebooked and used by those eager to enjoy the pool. We hope to avoid the need for a policy that penalizes members who don’t cancel their reservation.
- If you are playing with a ball or toy at the pool, keep it in your reserved section and use it with only your household.
- Please be ready to leave immediately at the end of your session so cleaning can begin and other members in the next session do not need to wait.